Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 1--Blogging--A Little About Me



I am the elementary school librarian for the Prairie View school district. I service 3 elementary schools--Fontana, Parker, and LaCygne--and conduct library skills classes with all students in grades K-5.



Some of my hobbies are music and photography. I enjoy singing, writing music, and playing piano. A friend has a recording studio and several years ago he helped me record some of the songs I have written. I enjoy taking pictures of God's creation, as well as the various historic landmarks in Kansas and Missouri. One of my favorite subjects to photograph is old iron bridges and covered bridges.


Although I do not have children of my own, I enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews. My nephew, John, is my photography buddy. We love to travel and take pictures. We also like to cook. Our specialty is meatballs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth
    I noticed you were under the School, Public library heading. I am in St. John. We also have a community library. We have a seperate building right next to the K-12 school so the students come over to us. There is a library board but I also deal with the school board who have control of the purse strings. They are struggling with funding as all school districts are. I would like to have some conversations with the rest of this group and see how the finances are handled. Christie Snyder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, Unfortunately, that is incorrect. I have 3 elementary school libraries in 3 small communities. My only connection with the public library is that I am a member of the Friends of the Library & have been on their board. My sister, Janet, is both a school librarian & public librarian. You might contact her.

    ReplyDelete