Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Good to be Back!

I spent Sunday and Monday fighting the flu. All aches and fever, but luckily nothing worse. Missed the teacher in-service on Monday, too.

Today, most of my classes were learning about Kansas. I always read Climbing Kansas Mountains by George Shannon to my 1st graders. They think it's neat because the illustrations in the book show a small town similar to the ones they live in. And, of course, they have all seen grain elevators before! My 2nd graders watched a Sunflower Showcase video titled Symbols of Kansas. I read a book called Kansas to the kindergarteners and we looked at pictures of the various symbols of Kansas. My 5th graders have been working on writing puppet plays, but we took a break from that to review how to do a bibliography. I introduced them to www.easybib.com and they were excited about having an easier way of constructing a bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment