Friday, January 15, 2010

A Learning Experience

I figured out how to upload pictures to my blog. The more I experiment, the more I discover!

Finally wrapped up a project I started before Christmas. My 1st graders do a unit on Christmas in Mexico. We compare their celebration & traditions to those in the USA. Part of the Mexican celebration of Las Pasadas involves breaking pinatas. So to culminate the project, we have a pinata party. Planned to do it closer to Epiphany (Jan. 6) on the last day of Las Pasadas, but a snow day prevented that.

2 comments:

  1. I bet the children really enjoyed your culminating activity. The photo of the bridge is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Garard, I love taking pictures of old bridges. And, yes. The kids loved the pinata party!

    ReplyDelete