Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 13--Slide Sharing--Animoto

In the past, I have created several slide shows on PowerPoint and recently experimented with Windows Movie Maker. But I had never tried any of the web-based slide sharing software.

I chose to use Animoto. Setting up an account in Animoto was simple. The first thing I did was import some photos that I had uploaded to Facebook. This feature was nice because I did not have to take time to upload anything from my computer and the process was fairly quick. Since I was using the free version of Animoto and you are limited to videos that are 30 seconds, I had to narrow down the number of pictures I was using--I just used the delete feature.

Next, I added music. Animoto has a selection of song clips that you can choose from. Finally, I added a title slide and a credits slide, clicked finish, and waited for my video to be processed.

Then, I wanted to add my slide show to my blog. I finally figured out how to do this, and there is a link to the video below.

I found that the free version of Animoto is very limited as to what you can do with it. If I were to create slide shows in the future, I would probably opt to continue using PowerPoint or Movie Maker as I have access to the full features of both and would not have to pay a subscription fee.

Wildflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment